Construction monitoring is an accurate and positive way of checking the quality, accuracy and progress of a construction project. Using our range of reality capture technology Realserve’s construction monitoring solutions can assist the contract administrator by providing precise progress data in 2D or with 3D outputs.
Construction monitoring and reporting.
Using our experience and expertise Realserve can help develop a strategy to best accomplish the monitoring of your construction project. We can tailor our service to meet any requirement with respect to the frequency in which you wish us to collect data on the project and the information that data should convey.
Construction monitoring gives you a clear view of your project’s progress allowing you to address problems and risk as they arise. The photography and video productions we can produce will provide you with valuable visual content with a wide range of applications;
- Marketing on your website and across your social media channels.
- Engaging your customers and stakeholders through a visual representation of your project.
- Education and training of future employees.
- Real-time project monitoring.
Our typical process
Once we clearly understand the brief we deploy the available reality capture solutions to achieve the most efficient outcome. These include but are not limited to;
- Remote Piloted Aircraft (RPA): Orthomosaic photos created by combining multiple aerial photographs from our RPA’s provide a unique perspective of a construction project. By scheduling flights at key stages of the construction process stakeholders can visualize how the site progresses over the course of the project.
- 360 Spherical photos: using the latest 360 cameras and software we can produce a tour of the construction site which will allow stakeholders to inspect the projects progress without having to set foot on-site.
- Time Lapse photography: provides an effortless way to record any construction project. By combining photos taken at regular intervals you can highlight key areas of the construction site to showcase your work or to report to key stakeholders.
We utilise the latest surveying technologies to capture our data then produce our outputs. Using the latest CAD software programs everything is captured and processed accurately to start producing drawings, plans or reports. The equipment we use is state of the art, ranging from traditional total stations to 3D laser scanning or RPA (drone). We only use the latest software tools including AutoCAD & Revit.
Once our plans are drafted they go through an intensive QA process via an independent audit to ensure that what we have captured is delivered to the highest levels of accuracy possible.
See some of our case studies
A national supermarket brand needed to upgrade their loading docks with multiple sites around Australia. See how we used 3D building scanning to help achieve this
In today’s modern era, the practice of relying on paper-based drawings and floor plans for a hotel refurbishment has become obsolete, with architects increasingly turning to modern workflows to maximise on the benefits that 3D scanning and modelling can offer
To assist with the planning of a refurbishment program aimed at enhancing visitors’ experience at a shopping centre, Realserve survey technicians provided 3D building scanning services in Adelaide’s south.
Realserve routinely engages in the practice of 3D scanning buildings that are used for retail tenancies. Our surveyors in Adelaide were engaged to produce a Revit Model and Point Cloud for a free standing restaurant in a shopping centre car park
The Realserve surveyors in Sydney were engaged by Lendlease to create new retail tenancy documentation in their shopping centre at Erina Fair. Instead of using traditional survey methods we used a Leica BLK to create a 3D scan of the 130 square metre area.
Realserve sent a team of surveyors to Launceston to create a 3D Revit Model for a heritage building in the city to help facilitate a refurbishment program.