Movement monitoring surveys for building sites
Our surveying team can assist you identify movements on your site to then aid the application of corrective measures to reduce the risk of accidents or reduce maintenance costs through early remedial actions being put in place.
Our team can provide services at intervals or even monitoring 24 hours a day if required. All of the supporting data can report and itemise the rate or amount of movement if any.
Structures or features moving can occur for a number of reasons. We have seen movements occuring due to;
- Basement drilling.
- or even natural ground movement and settlement over a long period of time.
Our monitoring surveys will detect deflection or deformation of structures due to load where the movement of a structure under load is seen, such as a stanchion or supporting beam.
Our typical process
Site Visit – Initial survey to establish Survey Control and Monitoring Control marks.
- Establish adequate survey control (in order to accurately establish Monitoring Control marks & allow ongoing monitoring program)
- Establish Monitoring Control marks. Monitoring Control marks to be either adhesive reflective targets, nails, drill holes or a combination thereof.
- Survey & calculate base position coordinates of Survey Control and Monitoring Control marks.
Subsequent Visits – Verification Survey of established Survey Control and Monitoring Control marks.
- Undertake survey to verify base position coordinates of Survey Control and Monitoring Control marks as previously surveyed and calculated.
- Calculations and preparation of Report indicating base position coordinates of Monitoring Control marks.
We utilise the latest surveying technology to capture our data then produce our surveys.. Using the latest CAD software programs everything is captured and processed accurately to start producing the required outputs. The equipment we use is state of the art, ranging from traditional total stations to 3D laser scanning or RPA (drone). We only use the latest software tools including AutoCAD & Revit.
Once our plans are drafted they go through an intensive QA process via an independent audit to ensure that what we have captured is delivered to the highest levels of accuracy possible.
- Initial consultation to ensure we can meet your needs.
- Agree on a scope of work.
- A site visit is organised with one of our qualified technicians with the necessary data collection equipment.
- All data is then processed via our team located in one of our offices around the Country.
- All plans or drawings are then independently reviewed via our QA process.
- All deliverables are then created for viewing in PDF, AutoCAD or Revit.
- We also have the ability to create a 3D scan or virtual tour of your property to create a fully interactive view of a site.
Movement monitoring sample reports
See some of our case studies
With our expertise in reality capture we used 3D geospatial surveying techniques to determine the quantities & value of material onsite to estimate haulage costs.
We helped this client visualise a potential warehouse location in 3D using a traditional 2D survey to determine the suitability for leasing.
With their tenant’s lease due for expiry our client needed to start presenting options to potential tenants quickly & give their agent all the right tools.
The roof is one of those assets that is out of sight out of mind. Any damage that occurs or requires maintenance is usually when it is too late and leaks have begun which lead to costly repairs.
A case study about how tenancy lease line changes can improve rental returns for centre managers with a Retail Tenancy Plan Set from Realserve