ELEVATION AND SECTION PLANS
Elevation and section plans for redevelopment
Further to our As-Built or Existing Conditions floor plans, we can provide Elevation and Sections surveys.
It gives you a clear visual representation of the relationship between surrounding structures relating to floor and ceiling heights, window locations and roof lines. These extra measurements provide a more comprehensive understanding of how the building sits in relation to the environment, critical when planning developments or trying to market the property.
What are Elevations and Sections?
- Elevations and sections are 2D visuals which represent a 3D property.
- The 2D drawings of a building’s cross sections and elevations accurately show the building’s features from each side.
- These views are drawn up and provided to you as an elevations and sections plan.
Why do you need an elevation and section plan?
A floor plan will typically provide a single dimension to work with. Although when we draw elevations and sections of the building you can use this together with a floor plan to create a more accurate view of the property or building. It enables you to interpret unusual changes in wall directions or floor heights where building modifications have gone unrecorded.
Elevation and section plans show helpful data such as floor levels, roof features, and basic topography. These surveys show structural and architectural details of a building including doors, window frames, surface features and more.
Our typical process
We utilise the latest surveying technology to capture our data then produce our elevation and section plans. Using the latest CAD software programs everything is captured and processed accurately to start producing our elevation and section plans. The equipment we use is state of the art, ranging from traditional total stations to 3D laser scanning or RPA (drone). We only use the latest software tools including AutoCAD & Revit.
Once our plans are drafted they go through an intensive QA process via an independent audit to ensure that what we have captured is delivered to the highest levels of accuracy possible.
- Initial consultation to ensure we can meet your needs.
- Agree on a scope of work.
- A site visit is organised with one of our qualified technicians with the necessary data collection equipment.
- All data is then processed via our team located in one of our offices around the Country.
- All plans or drawings are then independently reviewed via our QA process.
- All deliverables are then created for viewing in PDF, AutoCAD or Revit.
- We also have the ability to create a 3D scan or virtual tour of your property to create a fully interactive view of a site.
Elevation and Section sample plans
See some of our case studies
Read our case study about the benefits of using BIM for Hotel Design and Refurbishment to improve efficiency and reduce costs of construction
A case study explaining how you can use as built plans to maximise space efficiency in an industrial property like a warehouse or distribution centre
A case study explaining how you can use an as built plan to save money & time for your retail shop fit out when you take on a new retail tenancy
We explain the new Victorian Lot Subdivision Survey Process that has been introduced in Australia
We used a combination of traditional survey methods combined with the latest 3D property scanning to deliver this feature and level survey.