AS-BUILT EXISTING CONDITION PLAN
Realserve has been specialising in the creation of existing conditions floor plans for many years. It is a surveyed floor plan drawing that provides all the details of a building structure. Outlining the existing conditions means the floor plan shows exactly what is currently on a property, including fit-out, base building and services including all walls, doors, windows or columns to aid refurbishment. Relying on original plans may not account for alterations or differences to the actual building construction.
Existing Condition Plans for renovations or refurbishments
Getting an As Built or Existing Conditions Floor Plan created is a critical element at the design stage of any renovation or refurbishment to have a detailed, accurate building survey available.
What is an As-Built / existing conditions floor plan?
An existing conditions floor plan is a drawing that provides all the details of a building structure. Outlining the existing conditions means the floor plan shows exactly what is currently on a property, including fit-out, base building, and services. It includes all walls, doors, windows, and columns even wall types such as brick, concrete block, plaster board, etc.
This information allows you to understand what you can or cannot change about a site and means all floor plan users do not need to visit the site with all the information collected and recorded on the drawing. This saves precious time and money when trying to manage a property development phase.
An existing conditions floor plan can be used by people interstate or overseas as it is a true representation of the building structure on-site at that given time. A completed building barely corresponds exactly to the details of original plans because of unforeseen on-site complications during construction or variations from the original plans that are decided after sign off. Relying on original plans during refurbishment can be quite costly due to possible inaccuracies.
With nearly 20 years of experience our team delivers incredible accuracy and precision with our plans suitable for architects, project managers, building managers or designers. We can give you exactly what you need for your project, whether it be the process of developing, altering, or designing of commercial and industrial property.
Uses for an existing condition plan
- You may be considering a new fit-out for any type of retail store like a fashion store or food outlet.
- These plans will give you the parameters to begin the redesign of things such as new walls, fitting rooms, display spaces, storage areas, kitchens and more.
- Commercial fit-outs of an existing tenancy can give you information such as previous tenants, walls, doors and glazing.
- This information will allow you the complete freedom to effectively utilise the space to maximise things such as meeting rooms, desk areas and more.
Our typical process
We utilise the latest surveying technology to capture our data. Using the latest CAD software programs everything is captured and processed accurately to start producing our plans. The equipment we use is state of the art, ranging from traditional total stations to 3D laser scanning or RPA (drone). We only use the latest software tools including AutoCAD & Revit.
Once our plans are drafted they go through an intensive QA process via an independent audit to ensure that what we have captured is delivered to the highest levels of accuracy possible.
- Initial consultation to ensure we can meet your needs.
- Agree on a scope of work.
- A site visit is organised with one of our qualified technicians with the necessary data collection equipment.
- All data is then processed via our team located in one of our offices around the Country.
- All plans or drawings are then independently reviewed via our QA process.
- All deliverables are then created for viewing in PDF, AutoCAD or Revit.
- We also have the ability to create a 3D scan or virtual tour of your property to create a fully interactive view of a site.
Examples of our existing condition plans
See some of our case studies
We explain the new Victorian Lot Subdivision Survey Process that has been introduced in Australia
We used a combination of traditional survey methods combined with the latest 3D property scanning to deliver this feature and level survey.
The International Property Measurement Standard (IPMS) is a standardised and globally applicable method for measuring property. This global method of measurement is being introduced gradually into Australia
Typically, the Gross Floor Area (GFA) is measured in accordance with each Council’s Local Environmental Plan to determine a buildings Floor Space Ratio (FSR).