AS-BUILT EXISTING CONDITIONS PLAN
Realserve has specialised in the preparation of existing conditions floor plans for over 20 years. An as built or existing conditions plan is a survey accurate floor plan that provides a clear picture of the layout of a building. The floor plan shows exactly what is currently on a property or premises, including the fit-out and base building services, walls, doors, windows and columns. Relying on original construction or design plans may not account for alterations made to the actual building during or post construction, which is why having a current survey to reference is essential for making informed decisions when planning a refurbishment..
Existing Conditions Floor Plans for renovations and refurbishments
Getting an As Built or Existing Conditions survey undertaken to prepare accurate floor plans is a critical step required prior to the design stage of any renovation or refurbishment. It is essential to have a detailed, survey accurate building plan available to reference before setting out to make changes, as this can help identify features that can be repurposed or incorporated into the new design to save costs.
What is an As-Built / Existing Conditions Floor Plan?
An existing conditions floor plan outlines the layout of a building to the level of detail required for your project. It can include an entire building or just a partial area of particular interest, and be used for a variety of purposes. Floors plans typically include base building and fit-out wall locations and finishes, door, window and column locations, floor levels and finishes, fixed joinery, service locations and more.
This information allows you to understand what you can or cannot change about a site and means all stakeholders do not need to visit the site to visualise or separately capture the extensive information collected and recorded on the drawing. This saves precious time and money when trying to manage a property in the development phase.
An existing conditions floor plan can be used by people interstate or overseas as it is a true representation of the building structure on-site at that given time. A completed building barely corresponds exactly to the details of original plans because of unforeseen on-site complications during construction or variations from the original plans that are decided after sign off. Relying on original plans during refurbishment can be quite costly due to possible inaccuracies.
With over 20 years of experience our team delivers incredible accuracy and precision with plans suitable for architects, project managers, building managers or designers. We can give you exactly what you need for your project, whether it be the process of developing, altering, or designing of commercial, retail or industrial property.
Uses for an existing conditions floor plan
- You may be considering a new fit-out for any type of retail store like a fashion store or food outlet.
- These plans will give you the parameters to begin the redesign of things such as new walls, fitting rooms, display spaces, storage areas, kitchens and more.
- Commercial fit-outs of an existing tenancy can give you information such as previous tenants, walls, doors and glazing.
- This information will allow you the complete freedom to effectively utilise the space to maximise things such as meeting rooms, desk areas and more.
Our typical process
We utilise the latest surveying technology to capture our data. Using the latest CAD software programs everything is captured and processed accurately to start producing our plans. The equipment we use is state of the art, ranging from traditional total stations to 3D laser scanning or RPA (drone). We only use the latest software tools including AutoCAD & Revit.
Once our plans are drafted they go through an intensive QA process via an independent audit to ensure that what we have captured is delivered to the highest levels of accuracy possible.
- Initial consultation to ensure we can meet your needs.
- Agree on a scope of work.
- A site visit is organised with one of our qualified technicians with the necessary data collection equipment.
- All data is then processed via our team located in one of our offices around the Country.
- All plans or drawings are then independently reviewed via our QA process.
- All deliverables are then created for viewing in PDF, AutoCAD or Revit.
- We also have the ability to create a 3D scan or virtual tour of your property to create a fully interactive view of a site.
Examples of our existing condition floor plans
See some of our case studies
Read our case study about the benefits of using BIM for Hotel Design and Refurbishment to improve efficiency and reduce costs of construction
A case study explaining how you can use as built plans to maximise space efficiency in an industrial property like a warehouse or distribution centre
A case study explaining how you can use an as built plan to save money & time for your retail shop fit out when you take on a new retail tenancy
We explain the new Victorian Lot Subdivision Survey Process that has been introduced in Australia
We used a combination of traditional survey methods combined with the latest 3D property scanning to deliver this feature and level survey.