Having an Evacuation Diagram is a legal requirement in Australia and it can make all the difference when your property or tenants have to manage an emergency situation. Detailed and accurate our evacuation diagrams are designed to maximise safety. They will quickly inform occupants of the evacuation procedures, locations and directions of the nearest emergency exits, fire equipment, assembly areas as well as emergency contact details.
Evacuation diagrams for commercial properties.
General emergency and fire safety is a serious issue for any organisation to be able to manage. To assist building owners, tenants or property managers we can create accurate and compliant evacuation diagrams and fire safety plans.
An evacuation diagram is also a legal requirement for all commercial properties in this country. We can create plans that show all the fire safety equipment points, emergency assembly areas and evacuation points with absolute accuracy.
Our plans are done in accordance with legislation;
- Compliance with current Australian Standards (AS 3745-2010) and State regulations.
- Compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Guidelines
- Simple easy to read evacuation instructions.
- Our trained Fire Safety Officers will assist you with all your needs ensuring the premises has efficient and compliant emergency evacuation diagrams in place.
- The validity date is to be displayed on each diagram and should not exceed 5 years.
- The Diagrams need to be located where occupants and visitors of the building can see them.
- Diagrams are to be printed at A3, laminated or framed and securely fixed to the wall.
- Each floor plan must be orientated to suit where it is positioned on the wall.
- The location of fire fighting equipment as well as type of extinguisher are shown on our Evacuation Diagrams.
- The “YOU ARE HERE” point, path of travel to nearest exit and path to the assembly area are shown on each diagram.
Our typical process
We utilise the latest surveying technology to capture our data then produce the required diagrams. Using the latest CAD software programs everything is captured and processed accurately to start producing the diagrams. The equipment we use is state of the art, ranging from traditional total stations to 3D laser scanning or RPA (drone). We only use the latest software tools including AutoCAD & Revit.
Once our plans are drafted they go through an intensive QA process via an independent audit to ensure that what we have captured is delivered to the highest levels of accuracy possible. Diagrams begin with an accurate and precise floor plan survey. After surveying the building or property we create a fully compliant and easily understandable evacuation diagram to maximise safety.
We use specific colour coding to make it instantly understandable in an emergency situation and to aid internal training or governance. They also contain a basic legend with simple icons including exit signs, main exit routes, hydrant and alarm locations. We can also include information such as assembly area diagrams, evacuation procedures, emergency information and fire extinguisher information.
- Initial consultation to ensure we can meet your needs.
- Agree on a scope of work and all the areas to be surveyed and diagrams made.
- A site visit is organised with one of our qualified technicians with the necessary data collection equipment.
- All data is then processed via our team located in one of our offices around the Country.
- All plans or drawings are then independently reviewed via our QA process.
- All deliverables are then created for viewing in PDF or suitable for printing to create any required signage.
Evacuation plan samples
See some of our case studies
With their tenant’s lease due for expiry our client needed to start presenting options to potential tenants quickly & give their agent all the right tools.
A case study about how tenancy lease line changes can improve rental returns for centre managers with a Retail Tenancy Plan Set from Realserve
After hail completely destroyed this warehouse facility the owners quickly rebuilt and used our lettable area survey to compare the old vs new building for accuracy of the new construction.
We created survey plans for this shopping centre that rents storage spaces within hours using an innovative workflow. Fast, accurate & detailed.