TOPOGRAPHIC FEATURE AND LEVEL SURVEY
Topographic surveys for retail, commercial or industrial properties.
Your new piece of land can be mapped with accuracy and great detail during the design phase of your building project with a topographical survey, ensuring your project gets off to the best start.
Showing the contours of the land, valleys, slopes and depressions, these surveys also define physical features in detail, both natural and man-made, such as vegetation, buildings, and roads within your boundaries. Topographical and detail surveys also include elevations, road names, and further building details to give you all the information you need to plan efficiently.
Why do I need a topographical feature and level survey?
- Accurately locating and measuring all land/building features.
- Before constructing or extending a building.
- For land valuation purposes.
- To determine existing conditions of a site, and discover any issues.
- Providing architects and engineers with precise information for design purposes.
- To show where new structures could be included, and what kind of structures will fit.
A Topographical Survey is a valuable resource to determine how well your design will sit within the landscape, how nature may influence your design and what type of design you can produce efficiently. Our experienced, licensed, Land Surveyors will work directly with you through the process from end to end to ensure your project development is a success.
Our typical process
We utilise the latest surveying technology to capture our data then produce our topographical survey plans. Using the latest CAD software programs the data is analysed and processed accurately to produce our topographical survey drawings. The equipment we use is state of the art, ranging from traditional total stations to 3D laser scanning or RPA (drone). We only use the latest software tools including AutoCAD & Revit.
Once our plans are drafted, they go through an intensive QA process via an independent audit to ensure that what we have captured is delivered to the highest levels of accuracy possible.
- Initial consultation to ensure we can meet your needs.
- Agree on a scope of work.
- A site visit is organised with one of our qualified technicians with the necessary data collection equipment.
- All data is then processed via our team located in one of our offices around the Country.
- All plans or drawings are then independently reviewed via our QA process.
- All deliverables are then created for viewing in PDF, AutoCAD or Revit.
- We also have the ability to create a 3D scan or virtual tour of your property to create a fully interactive view of a site.
Topographical survey samples
See some of our case studies
We helped a client convert a very old handshake agreement into a new Plan of Subdivision to determine the correct usage of the farming area.
The picturesque Rottnest Island tourist destination was due for an upgrade to its building facilities. We helped them update their site plans to aid development.
With our expertise in reality capture we used 3D geospatial surveying techniques to determine the quantities & value of material onsite to estimate haulage costs.
We helped this client visualise a potential warehouse location in 3D using a traditional 2D survey to determine the suitability for leasing.
With their tenant’s lease due for expiry our client needed to start presenting options to potential tenants quickly & give their agent all the right tools.