Get an IPMS plan for your property to meet international requirements.
There are many different methods of measurement in use at the moment that can make it difficult for property users, investors, occupiers and developers to accurately compare space around the world.
Research has shown that a property’s floor area can vary by as much as 24%, depending on the methods used to the lettable areas of a commercial property.
The International Property Measurement Standards (IPMS) will ensure that property assets are measured in a consistent way, creating a more understandable plan for everyone. This will result in greater trust from the public, stronger confidence for investors and increased transparency to create stability in the marketplace. The IPMS is a standardised method that can be used globally to reduce inefficiency, confusion and errors.
Why is IPMS needed?
Our typical process
We utilise the latest surveying technology to capture our data then produce an IPMS plan. Using the latest CAD software programs everything is captured and processed accurately to start producing a plan accurately and to the required international standard. The equipment we use is state of the art, ranging from traditional total stations to 3D laser scanning or RPA (drone). We only use the latest software tools including AutoCAD & Revit.
Once our plans are drafted they go through an intensive QA process via an independent audit to ensure that what we have captured is delivered to the highest levels of accuracy possible.
- Initial consultation to ensure we can meet your needs.
- Agree on a scope of work.
- A site visit is organised with one of our qualified technicians with the necessary data collection equipment.
- All data is then processed via our team located in one of our offices around the Country.
- All plans or drawings are then independently reviewed via our QA process.
- All deliverables are then created for viewing in PDF, AutoCAD or Revit.
- We also have the ability to create a 3D scan or virtual tour of your property to create a fully interactive view of a site.
IPMS plan samples
See some of our case studies
We explain the new Victorian Lot Subdivision Survey Process that has been introduced in Australia
We used a combination of traditional survey methods combined with the latest 3D property scanning to deliver this feature and level survey.
The International Property Measurement Standard (IPMS) is a standardised and globally applicable method for measuring property. This global method of measurement is being introduced gradually into Australia
Typically, the Gross Floor Area (GFA) is measured in accordance with each Council’s Local Environmental Plan to determine a buildings Floor Space Ratio (FSR).