AERIAL SURVEY AND MAPPING
Aerial surveys for buildings and commercial properties
We have a RPAS (Remotely Piloted Aircraft System) available to deliver a range of aerial mapping services with high resolution digital camera technology in all states of Australia. We can add an extra dimension to managing your site or building by providing an airborne perspective that can compliment traditional land based surveys.
Leverage our expertise in commercial property measurement
- Save time and money with our expert aerial mapping services
- Enjoy a superior range of air and ground imaging technologies
- Access precise digital and topographical mapping tools
- A range of diverse Aerial Mapping applications for various industries.
- The latest RPAS, drone and UAV equipment using the latest digital technology.
An aerial survey utilises a combination of remote-piloted aircraft (RPA) with digital devices to produce a wide range of solutions. This new technology has now enabled many new services to be created;
- Aerial photography and video: capture images and video footage from aerial vantage points.
- Aerial survey: the process of collecting geomatic or other imagery from RPA’s helping provide information on many things not visible from the ground. This product produces results which are geometrically accurate to +/- 50mm horizontally and 50-80mm vertically.
- Aerial Inspections: utilization of RPA’s to help access inaccessible assets and infrastructure. Our aerial inspection service not only offers greater efficiency but dramatically improves safety by avoiding working at heights or close to danger in order to inspect key assets.
- Roof surveys: document the existing plant and structures, obtain a detailed level survey to show any variation in the roof or examine the conditions of the roof to identify any repairs required.
- Orthomosaic: An orthomosaic is a detailed, accurate photo representation of an area, created out of many photos that have been stitched together and geometrically corrected so that it is as accurate as a map.
- Digital Elevation model (DEM): A DEM is a 3D computer generated representation of a terrain’s surface defining the highest point at each location.
Aerial surveying can provide a complete solution for many industries and projects where achieving the accuracies required are restricted by limitations and requirements. Different levels of accuracy can be achieved through the integration of traditional survey techniques to introduce ground control points (GCP’s).
What industries can use aerial mapping
- Property Development – for an eagle eye on scope, scale, contours and civils.
- Real Estate – empower prospective buyers to inspect every angle of a property.
- Surveying – complement your next contour and survey plan with an aerial map.
- Marketing – showcase your property from the air.
- Agriculture – inspect from above at a fraction of the cost over traditional methods
- Resources Sector – high resolution visual monitoring and facility inspection.
Realserve has leveraged this industry-leading operational expertise and experience to develop solutions that enable our clients to purposefully harness the power of RPAS data collection and analysis in a safe and cost effective manner.
Certified by the Australian Civil Aviation Safety Authority
Realserve is certified by the Australian Civil Aviation Safety Authority (Number CASA.ReOC.6020) and holds all the necessary public liability, professional liability and workcover insurances to operate RPA’s.
Our remote pilots have also undergone extensive training to obtain their Remote-Pilot Licenses as approved by CASA.
Our typical process
Realserve operates a fleet of RPA’s which are maintained regularly in order to achieve our aerial surveying requirements all year round, our process is typically;
- Understand your requirements
- Assess the legal requirements of the operation with respect to the appropriate regulations to develop a safe and efficient workflow.
- After planning has finished, Realserve will begin the on-site operation to collect all the data required using our RPA’s and traditional survey techniques.
- We will then process the data back in one of our offices found nationwide where we will produce the product our client requires.
We utilise the latest surveying technology to capture our data then produce our aerial outputs. Using the latest CAD software programs everything is captured and processed accurately to start producing our required reports, surveys or plans. The equipment we use is state of the art with the latest drone / UAV / RPA solutions being used that can be complemented with our traditional total stations to 3D laser scanning and software tools including AutoCAD & Revit.
Once our flight has been concluded all the materials created go through an intensive QA process via an independent audit to ensure that what we have captured is delivered to the highest levels of accuracy possible.
- Initial consultation to ensure we can meet your needs.
- Agree on a scope of work.
- A site visit is organised with one of our qualified technicians with the necessary data collection equipment.
- All data is then processed via our team located in one of our offices around the Country.
- All plans or drawings are then independently reviewed via our QA process.
- All deliverables are then created for viewing in PDF, AutoCAD or Revit.
- We also have the ability to create a 3D scan or virtual tour of your property to create a fully interactive view of a site.
Aerial mapping photo and video samples
See some of our case studies
We helped a client convert a very old handshake agreement into a new Plan of Subdivision to determine the correct usage of the farming area.
The picturesque Rottnest Island tourist destination was due for an upgrade to its building facilities. We helped them update their site plans to aid development.
With our expertise in reality capture we used 3D geospatial surveying techniques to determine the quantities & value of material onsite to estimate haulage costs.
We helped this client visualise a potential warehouse location in 3D using a traditional 2D survey to determine the suitability for leasing.
With their tenant’s lease due for expiry our client needed to start presenting options to potential tenants quickly & give their agent all the right tools.