ARE LETTABLE AREA PLANS USED IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA?
ARE LETTABLE AREA PLANS USED IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA?
A Lettable Area Plan in South Australia cannot be used or registered for a written lease by a solicitor. Confirming whether your plan requires to be registered or not, is very important as it requires the appropriate Filed Plan Presentation and Lodgement.
The Realserve team has the experience to deal with these, sometimes problematic, issues that a Client may face when leasing or preparing a lease for a property of any type in South Australia.
WHAT IS A FILED PLAN?
A Filed Plan is a survey plan that is produced in South Australia by a surveyor and used by property managers, leasing agents, solicitors, and conveyancers. These plans are presented in a specific manner that is in accordance with the Plan Presentation Guidelines (PPG) that are prepared and prescribed by Land Services South Australia.
Land Services South Australia recommends the use of a surveyor to prepare Filed Plans for leasing purposes. They can be very time-consuming and complex to prepare. Realserve has been preparing SA Filed Plans for many years.
HOW DID WE HELP CREATE A FILED PLAN IN ADELAIDE?
Our client needed to get a survey completed to produce a Lettable Area Plan for an office suite they manage on the outskirts of Adelaide. The property manager regularly uses our Lettable Area Plan surveys to get precise square meterage to use with lease deals for new & existing tenants.
In this example the tenant also required the plan to be lodged and registered with Land Service SA. This meant we had to go through the process of creating a Filed Plan due to South Australia’s different requirements to other states in Australia. As mentioned earlier, Lettable Area Plans are not acceptable documentation to be registered with Land Service SA. If a plan is required to be included in a written lease and is to be lodged and filed it needs to be prepared in a specific format that is in line with Land Services SA’s very own PPG (Plan Presentation Guidelines)
We used our expertise to assist our client promptly with this matter. Our surveyor had collected significant data and this avoided the need to return to the site and we produced the Filed Plan for their review. The plan was drafted and issued to the client prior to lodgement.
WHAT DOES THE TYPICAL FILE PLAN PROCESS LOOK LIKE?
Realserve is an experienced company that can produce Filed Plan’s and this is what our structured process would involve;
- Initial consultation
- A site visit is arranged if required
- All titles, balances of land, easements, previous leases & plans regarding the property are researched.
- A plan is prepared in line with Land Services SA (PPG) Plan Presentation Guidelines
- Internal QA is carried out
- Filed Plan is issued to the client for (owners, lawyers, property managers, tenants) approval.
- Once client approval is received Realserve pay the lodgement fees ($366 included in fee) & lodge the plan with Land Services SA office via (EPL) Electronic Plan Lodgement
- The Plan is then reviewed by Land Services SA and Realserve act as an agent for any requisitions that may need to be made to the plan.
- Land Services SA Approve the Filed Plan
- Realserve buys the approved Filed Plan via https://sailis.lssa.com.au and we then issue that to the client.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DO WE USE TO CREATE A FILE PLAN?
Realserve have been doing property measurement and surveys for 20 years and not only have a wealth of experience but all the latest measuring technology to cover any requirement. To create an SA File Plan we would use;
- Total Station and Traverse Kit
- Leica DISTO
- Field Notes & Site Photos
- SAPPA (South Australian Property & Planning Atlas)
- EPL (Electronic Plan Lodgment)
- SAILIS (The South Australian Integrated Land Information Systems
- Expertise – We leveraged our 20 years of experience and intimate knowledge of the PCA Method of Measurement to capture the right data accurately that could, fortunately, be used for multiple outputs.
Accuracy – via the latest survey measuring equipment available.
Speed – because Realserve carries out surveys that capture a deep and accurate level of data we could produce different survey plan outputs that saved repeat visits.
WHAT ELSE COULD HAVE BEEN DONE
For this project the client could have also chosen to use some of our other services for example;
- 3D Virtual Tour – Property Managers don’t need to rely on smart phone photos or static 2D plans to market commercial properties for rent. A Matterport 3D Virtual Tour can capture an entire property to create an online, fully interactive, viewing experience for prospective Tenants. Learn about our 3D Virtual Tours
- Reflected Ceiling Plan – If Tenants were considering changing the fit out a Reflected Ceiling Plan can aid the planning and development by mapping out all services. Learn about our Reflected Ceiling Plans
- Interactive 3D Floor Plan – A Tenant may be considering a change in how the floor plan is used of an existing Office Space, an Interactive Floor Plan can create a virtual mock up of the space to enable virtual views to be created of where desks, chairs and other things can be placed. Interactive 3D Floor Plan